Understanding The Role Of Data In Recruiting GDPR Experts
When it comes to recruiting GDPR experts, big data plays a major role. Read on for more information on why it's important.
Two major trends in the big data landscape came to our attention that we wanted to address. We wanted to discuss data recruitment and what it means for the GDPR professionals out there. As you may know, all organizations – within the EU – that collect personal data must comply with the GDPR. The consequences for failing to meet GDPR standards are huge. They include fines of up to 10 million euros or 2% of global revenue, whichever is higher.
The latter is a set of rules/laws meant to empower the rights that people have to privacy via the protection of their personal data. It is also very expensive for businesses. They will spend about $5.8 billion on GDPR compliance.
On the other hand, it is also known that you can’t have a recruitment process without collecting data about your future employees meaning recruiters must comply with those regulations – while also making a recruiter’s job much easier.
The Benefits of Data Recruitment
You should look at major brands to see how they provided their own data privacy policies. You can create one that is similar. If we access the Bridewell GDPR Consultancy page of the Bridewell website, we’ll see the benefits that data privacy brings to employers, besides some usual information about GDPR.
For instance, a company that knows how to deal with data privacy will know how to:
- Understand what types of personal data their (potential) employees have.
- Understand the manner through which they transfer and process such data.
- Protect the data.
- The legal and regulatory considerations that come with personal data.
- Handle incidents related to personal data.
- Make wiser decisions and better assessments in terms of existing systems, selection of new IT products, and new initiatives and projects.
However, these are not all of the benefits that data recruitment comes with. You may think that the aforementioned are essential for your business but, in fact, they are essential to both the employer and the employee.
Data Recruitment Helps Hiring Teams
Data-driven recruitment is a great way for a company to increase their quality of hire. You can rely on the services provided by specialists in the sector such as Xcede Data Recruitment and others in order to:
- Allocate Hiring Budget – you can wisely spend your budget by determining which channels of recruiting have the best and most qualified candidates.
- Increase Efficiency and Productivity – you can easily track the number of emails that have been exchanged between your hiring team and potential employees and learn how to speed up this process.
- Discover Hiring Issues – as a start, you can take a look at your application form conversion rates and determine if you may have to modify some questions or redesign your entire application page/form.
- Benchmark/Forecast Hiring – with a proper data-driven recruitment process, you will know your recruiting yield ratios. The former shows you how many applicants you usually need to hire one person.
What’s Data Recruitment for GDPR Professionals?
In short, you could see data recruitment as one of the best ways to bring new employees to your company. However, keep in mind that data-driven recruiting does not imply the violation of any regulations set by the GDPR.
From a professional point of view, data recruitment implies standing true to the GDPR while also making use of personal data to fuel the workforce of your company/business.
The Bottom Line on Data Recruitment for GDPR Professionals
Data recruitment is, as mentioned above, one of the ways to improve your hiring process. In order for such a process to help your hiring team make a difference, you’ll have to know how to incorporate data into your hiring.
In this respect, bridewell GDPR consultancy can help you make the right decisions in terms of choosing the right data and metrics, efficiently collecting the data, acting on the data, and knowing the limitations of data!
You must log in to post a comment.