Tracking License Plates, Tracking Cellphones, and More
- The National Vehicle Location Service, which has over 685 million continually updated images of license plates, will soon be available to the Department of Homeland Security for locating fugitive aliens. More here.
- The government funded National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace will convene this summer to plan an identity system ecosystem for cyberspace. More here.
- A congressional report found carriers answered 1.3 million police request for cellphone information including text messages, call records, and location data, with many more requests likely classified. More here.
- The Office of Personnel Management reports that 21% of elligible federal employees took advantage of telework. More here.
- Former CIA Director R. James Woolsey said that recent DC area power outages are a taste of what could happen if the power grid were hit by a cyber attack. More here.
You must log in to post a comment.