Posting your content on our site helps you helps you reach a much wider audience than you may be able to reach on your own. We help our bloggers by providing a community that appreciates great content. Additionally we provide access to larger promotional channels, such as Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest and Facebook.
Who Else Posts Here?
All the content on SmartData Collective is contributed by other professionals and experts in big data, business intelligence, and analytics. All of it is edited and reviewed by our curation team before publication.
Step 1: Sign up and Login to our site
To publish posts on SmartData Collective, you will need to have an active account on the site. If you already have an account you can login here. If you do not, you can create an account here. Once your registration is complete, you’ll receive a confirmation email. IMPORTANT: To complete registration, you must click on the link in the confirmation email. This will enable you to fill out your profile (next step).
Step 2: Fill out your profile
We like our posts to have a name and a face behind them, so please fill out your profile:
- Once you’re logged in, click Edit Profile while hovering over your username on the top right of the page.
- In order to be published, you need to have a first name, last name, and picture of yourself. If you’re having trouble adding an image, please read our Help page entry on avatars.
- Next fill out the Bio field with a short paragraph about yourself. Please also add your Website and your various social profiles.
- Once you’ve entered all your information, scroll up and click the big, green Save button to make the changes live.
Step 3: Blogger approval
Next, please email the URL of your SmartData Collective profile + links to at least 3 writing/blog samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: We only accept exclusive and high-quality content onward. (Updated May 10, 2017)
A good guideline for samples:
- There needs to be a clear indication on each sample that you are the writer.
- All posts must be related to business intelligence, data management and analytics.
- All posts must be edited for grammar and spelling.
If you’re approved, continue on to Step 4.
Step 4: Add posts to our system manually
We love to partner with bloggers who provide exclusive content to us by posting directly on our site.
We ask that all posts created directly on our site (if they were created specifically for us) be provided to us on an exclusive basis for a minimum of 14 days after the post is completed and that the author honors this exclusive time frame even if we do not publish your post immediately.
To submit your post, log into the site, hover over “Post Here” in the nav bar, and click “Create Post” or visit the Create Post page directly.
If you need additional help, please see our Help page on creating a post.
Please note: Once you hit save on your submission, your post immediately enters our moderation queue and is liable to be published, so please be sure to upload only the final version of your post — no drafts. We strongly encourage you to save your articles in an offline location before uploading, in case your browser crashes or (though rare) there is a site error while you are submitting your piece.
Tips for getting your post published:
- No drop links. High-quality links, in general, are fine and even encouraged, but any links that aren’t informational in nature or are obvious attempts at “SEO juice” will be removed without notice.
- No promotional or commercial articles.
- Thoroughly copyedited for grammar, spelling, and usage. While the substance of our content may be global, the preferred standard for grammar/spelling is American English.
We recommend you take a look at some of the published posts on our Homepage to get a feel for the type of content we publish.
Due to the heightened demand in being a blogger on Smart Data Collective, please bear with us as we attempt to respond to all requests. You will be notified if your post has been approved and published. You will not receive a response from us if our guidelines are not followed.
Please be aware that we get hundreds of qualified submissions every day and can only publish a small percentage of them. You will only be notified if your piece is accepted, and if it’s not, we can’t always respond to questions why.