Developers’ Outlook On Artificial Intelligence In 2018
Artificial intelligence is rapidly expanding and changing. Here are developers' expert opinions on AI as it stands in 2018.
Packt, the leading UK provider of technology/coding books and courses, conducted a survey in August 2018 to know what AI actually means to people in software. Who’s using it? What are they doing with it and how it will impact them in the present and future?
The findings here are based on responses from 2,800+ technology professionals from around the world and details developer attitudes and perspectives on artificial intelligence in 2018.
• Majority of the respondents mentioned AI is used in their organizations to improve internal operations and develop customer facing tools
AI at Work
• TensorFlow comes out as the top tool that were most listed among the other tools, people were planning on learning – it was the top tool for 27% of survey respondents
• However it’s also interesting to see the top cloud platforms in the mix as well. Clearly cloud is playing an important part in making artificial intelligence more accessible to engineers from across the tech landscape
Top 10 topics learning
• One of the most important issues to emerge in conversation around artificial intelligence is bias. In the context of broader questions around ethics in tech and engineering, the way that algorithms are constructed and contain the implicit biases of those engineering have been thrown into the spotlight
• Here is what people in the tech industry felt about the bias. It’s hard to discern a clear trend – there’s an even spread of concern
Bias in Artificial Intelligence
Get the complete AI NOW survey report and learn:
• How organizations are implementing AI
• The biggest professional challenges of machine learning
• What worries developers about AI
You must log in to post a comment.