There is no question that big data is changing the nature of business in spectacular ways. A growing number of companies are discovering new data analytics applications, which can help them streamline many aspects of their operations.
Data-driven businesses can develop their own infrastructure and handle all of their data management processes in-house. However, there are a lot of third-party big data applications worth investing in.
Businesses Must Use the Right Applications to Facilitate their Big Data Strategy in 2022
Today, there are many software applications available for businesses to leverage big data to solve their unique challenges, streamline their various processes, and automate everyday tasks. Regardless of their size and industries, businesses depend on software solutions to enhance operational efficiency and data management. These efficiency-boosting applications for business are what we refer to as “business apps”.
Business apps can take many shapes and forms depending on their functions and features. Some of these software solutions are commercially available, meaning these are software products that are readily available for businesses to use, these are known as “off-the-shelf software”. Companies can either choose an off-the-shelf software solution or go down the route of business application software development. Instead of using an existing software product to implement their data management strategy, businesses invest in developing a custom software application from scratch that is built according to their unique business requirements and challenges.
Four Major Types of Apps for Businesses Using Big Data
In general, business software can be broadly categorized into four groups. These include software solutions meant for file management, task management, customer relationship management, and internal and external data management.
1. File Management
With the advent of computers and the Internet, businesses have moved away from on-paper communication and documentation, but managing digital documentation is challenging for companies. File management applications allow businesses to manage their digital documents and provide them with the tools to easily create, save, share, and collaborate on business documents. In addition, they streamline the process of sharing important files and document access management within the organization.
These file management systems can store much larger amounts of data these days. This is ideal for companies trying to make the most of big data. File management applications are examples of big data tools that can be useful for creating a digital workplace.
2. Task Management
Big data technology is also making task management much easier. For a business to function smoothly, it is crucial that its employees are on top of their priorities and performing their tasks on time. Therefore, many companies rely on software applications for efficient task management. These data-driven task management applications integrate with calendar and email apps, allowing employees to stay on track with their work schedules and be informed about the tasks and sub-tasks that other team members are working on. Task management apps are beneficial for project management since they help project managers manage the workflow and project timeline.
3. Customer Relationship Management
Customers are one of the most important stakeholders for all businesses. Businesses with a growing and diverse customer base use specialized business applications to manage the exchange of information and interactions between them and their customers. With the help of customer relationship management (CRM) software, businesses can gain important insights into customer behaviour and use them to improve their customer service. Despite the myriad of CRM software solutions available on the market, many businesses invest in custom software solutions for customer relationship management that fit their business model and unique needs. Bespoke business software developers can analyze the gaps in your existing system and workflow pain points and develop a custom system that addresses all your needs.
Read more about this, see https://www.goodcore.co.uk/services/business-applications/.
4. Information management
Businesses depend on the efficient exchange of information between the different business stakeholders across the enterprise. Business applications that allow instant and secure communication among internal employees are a must for all organizations regardless of their size and industry. Communication apps help businesses streamline their information management process and increase organizational productivity.
Benefits of Bespoke Business Software
From sales to administration, business apps are a way to streamline processes and improve work efficiency through data management, but why bespoke software? Why should businesses consider bespoke business software over off-the-shelf software solutions?
There are many benefits of implementing bespoke management systems that leverage big data, including:
- Custom-built for Business – Often, off-the-shelf software offers a one-size-fits-all solution with generic features and functionalities that are too rigid for businesses. Many businesses fail to find a single software product that caters to all their requirements. With custom-built business software, companies can get a solution for their unique needs.
- Quality and Consistency – Bespoke business applications can bring quality and consistency in the operations and results of the organization. They make the workflows uniform and efficient, reducing the chances of errors and inaccuracies.
- Time Savings – Businesses can reduce their reliance on manual and mundane tasks with the help of bespoke business apps that automate repetitive procedures. Business software can also reduce the need to maintain physical records and paperwork thus saving time and chances of human error.
- Free from Licensing Cost – With off-the-shelf software, paying licensing fees can be a hassle for businesses. With bespoke software, companies own the intellectual property rights to the software and save themselves from the ongoing licensing costs.
- Scalability – A bespoke software allows businesses the flexibility to scale up as they grow over the years. As the business grows and its needs evolve, bespoke software can be scaled up easily to adapt to the changing business requirements.
- Data Insights- Business software gathers real-time data from various tasks and workflows, which can be compiled and analyzed to gain valuable insights about employee performance and productivity. Businesses can make informed decisions based on this data.
8 types of bespoke software solutions to consider for a business
Now that we know the benefits of bespoke business applications and the main business software categories, let’s take a look at some of the real-life examples of business software.
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS): A software solution to streamline mundane administrative tasks such as employee record management, payroll, onboarding, recruitment, and attendance.
- Inventory Control System: Supply chain management system that can monitor stock levels, sales, production and show real-time stock quantities.
- Customer Relationship Management Systems: Software to manage interaction with customers, provide customer service, and administer marketing campaigns.
- Booking Software: A management software for appointment-based businesses that allow clients to book appointments and for the business to keep track of their booking schedule.
- Event Management Platform: A software system for large organizations to manage meetings and corporate events across the enterprise.
- Demand Forecasting Software: A software system to project future demand using historical sales and stock data.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP): A bespoke system to manage the day-to-day business activities and resources.
- Vendor Management Software: A management software to streamline your collaboration with your suppliers and vendors.
Data-Driven Businesses Must Use the Right Applications
Smart companies can’t afford to ignore the merits of big data in 2022. They should take advantage of the best applications that help them get the benefits of big data. The aforementioned applications can be very helpful.