Big Data Showcase: Advanced Analytics
Aside from keynotes and panels from federal and industry leaders in information technology, Carahsoft’s Government Big Data Forum also had two showcases to highlight the actual solutions available for dealing with massive amounts of comple
Aside from keynotes and panels from federal and industry leaders in information technology, Carahsoft’s Government Big Data Forum also had two showcases to highlight the actual solutions available for dealing with massive amounts of complex data and getting the most out of it for your agency or enterprise. Here’s a brief synopsis of the companies presented along with links to their CTOlabs profiles:
- Cloudera: Cloudera’s Distribution Including Apache Hadoop (CDH) is the leading distribution of the open source Big Data platform Hadoop together with the most valuable projects in the Hadoop ecosystem. They also provide support and management software. Learn more here.
- Datameer is an an analytics platform for Hadoop that lets end users work with Big Data intuitively without the IT department’s help. Learn more here.
- Digital Reasoning‘s Synthesys transforms structured and unstructured data into the underlying facts, entities, relationships, and associated terms so that analysts don’t need to read every document. Learn more here.
- intTENSITY extracts triples, facts, named entities, entity types, and events from unstructured data collected from over 75 million social media sources for trending and analysis. Learn mote here.
- Parabon has been providing platforms, tools, and services for distributed or “grid” computing for over a decade. Learn more here.
- Qbase has numerous federally-focused solutions to overcome data quality challenges, convert legacy data to new formats, and transform data into actionable information. Learn more here.
- SAP offers a variety of business software including mobile device management and business intelligence. Learn more here.
- Thetus’s Savanna is a powerful, open, model-driven geo-cultural and spatio-temporal analysis platform. Learn more here.
The second showcase of the day focused on Big Data infrastructure, which we will highlight in a later post.
- Update on the 6 March 2012 Government Big Data Forum (ctovision.com)
- Cloudera Day in DC (ctolabs.com)
- The Fourth Dimension of Big Data (ctovision.com)
- CTOlabs.com Publishes White Paper On Evaluating Big Data Analytical Capabilities for Government Use (ctovision.com)
- Datameer: Changing the Big Data Landscape (ctolabs.com)
You must log in to post a comment.