10 Tips for a Successful Implementation of Cloud Computing
Cloud has become the backbone for most IT Infrastructures, and as a company you may have heard a lot about the benefits of the cloud and want to move there. This would certainly be a big change and many of your thoughts should focus on this. We want to help you with 10 points to consider before we move you to the Cloud Computing services.
1. Ask yourself: Why do I have to be in the cloud? Going to the cloud is a big change for a company, so before you decide to be in the cloud should check if you really need to be there. Try to think and analyze how and if the cloud would help you in your work.
2. Calculate the cost of the operation of the traditional working way: When calculating this is best done project by project and then include other costs that may be common to all projects.
3. Determine the cost of moving to the cloud : The cloud movement entails certain costs, such as education of the employee or the costs involved in moving all applications to the cloud, among others.
4. Calculate how much it would cost to change the cloud : It is necessary to calculate the cost of moving all applications to the cloud. At this point, you should consider whether to move all applications or only certain parts and you have to calculate the cost and the differences arising from it.
5. Decide the level of Virtualization that is required : Once you decide how much work you are going to do is to decide the issues related to Virtualization. You have to choose, in terms of Virtualization, what works best for you and how much you want.
6. Make the requirements: Before you decide anything about the cloud provider you must determine the performance parameters to consider to help you reduce the number of vendors.
7. Ask the sellers prices : First select few vendors that offer a level of service to your needs. After making clear requests a quote online. Also, check the operating expenses of the coming years. Budgets should also include combinations based rates of use by applications, storage and the number of users.
8. Check the cost vs. the benefit : From budget provider’s actual costs may determine the real cost of cloud computing for your organization. Once you have this data you can compare with yours. It’s time to see if you actually is beneficial to be in the cloud. Do a quick scan of available providers on the market and see if they meet your needs. You should also be able to determine the current use, the number of applications running, the storage used, the CPU usage. You think if you want outsourced or home.
9. Select the provider and start the process : Now: select the provider that best fits your needs. Also choose the most appropriate type of cloud you and if it’s public cloud, private cloud or hybrid. We suggest that is hybrid and then choose to make it public or private if deemed necessary. You must also set all the necessary guidelines to monitor the work done through the cloud.
10. Implement the cloud : The work done by the experts always come out better than an amateur. Therefore, we recommend using experts cloud implementation to make the change. Before starting the implementation must have clear deadlines for moving to the cloud.
This is the plan to be followed during the migration to the cloud. The move to the cloud server and all work done through it must be supervised by pre-established guidelines. Following these steps will make the transition from a very gentle way. In closing, just say you should be in the cloud in order to take full advantage of the benefits of cloud computing.
You must log in to post a comment.