Tips on Accessing Data from Various Sources with R
- Using the XLConnect package to read data from Excel spreadsheets
- Using the foreign package to read SPSS, SAS, Stata and dBase data files
- Using SQL queries to import data from MySQL with the RMySQL package
- Accessing unstructured data in Hadoop with rhbase
- Scraping data from websites via direct URLs and the XML package (to parse HTML tables)
- Accessing public data sources (economic, financial, social, etc.)
Many thanks to Jeffrey for preparing and sharing this useful information. I’ve embedded the slides below, and you can find more information, including R code implementing the examples, at Jeffrey’s blog linked below.
You may be interested
IEEE Big Data Conference 2017 to Highlight Challenges, OpportunitiesRyan Kade - June 23, 2017
Since 2013, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers has held annual big data conferences to highlight changes and opportunities…
10 of the Top Marketing BI Software OptionsHayden B. - June 23, 2017
Business can be complicated sometimes. It’s not always easy to keep track of all the data and information we deal…
You must log in to post a comment.