Mobile Browsers Failing Security Tests
Posted December 8, 2012
- Blame Screen Size: Mobile Browsers Flunk Security Tests - Georgia Tech researchers have found that 90% of mobile browsers have failed safety checks. They failed to display security “indicators.” (Such as identifying a secure site or the use of SSL). Via InformationWeek, more here.
- Gartner: Growth in cloud computing to shape 2013 security trends - Gartner is predicting that by 2015, 10% of all IT will be delivered via the cloud, and this movement will change how we look at IT security. The Federal Government’s use of the FedRamp program is a defining part of this movement. Via Network World, more here.
- VA OIT could face GS-15 retirement crunch - As many senior members of the VA OIT near retirement age (60% in the next 4 years), VA could lose a lot of their valued (and experienced) staff. An internal OIT report outlines how their senior staff could be facing a crisis. Via FierceGovernmentIT, more here.
- Survey: Companies increasingly using public cloud for business-critical applications - “Big data might very well be the catalyst that will push adoption of public cloud into overdrive,” says Roman Stanek, CEO of GoodData Corporation. “Real-time scalability will be key and a secure cloud will be the enabler.” A survey of 200 IT professionals by CloudPassage found that 4 out of 5 are using the cloud for something. Via CSO Online, more here.
- What does cyber even mean? - Killer Apps delves into the meaning of cyber and how the US Air Force is attempting to define their operations in the space. While the organization has dumped anyone touching a network or computer into the “cyber” category, more specific definitions are needed to guide strategy and operations. Via Killer Apps, more here.
- OMB launches agency-wide strategic sourcing initiative - [The] initiative calls for federal agencies to increase its use of strategic sourcing for acquisition to “negotiate the best deal for the taxpayer.” This initiative will also create the following (Via FedScoop, more here):
- Designation of strategic sourcing accountable officials
- Creation of an Interagency Strategic Sourcing Leadership Council
Other Posts by Ryan Kamauff